4.02.2012

TODAY'S QUOTE


“To those who stay put, the world is but an imaginary place. But to the movers, the makers, and the shakers, the world is all around, an endless invitation.”

Ever have those type of days where you spend too much time thinking about life, whether it be the past, present, or future? Today was that day for me. Most of my 'thinking' is spent on my daily subway rides to and from home in Brooklyn. I don't know about you, but a lot of my time is spent worrying. Worrying about growing up and establishing myself, about how to budget so I don't have to eat ramen every day, and about losing connection with close family or friends. I try to live by that one saying 'don't worry be happy,' but sometimes it can be hard. Behind all the worry that clogs my mind, I do know that there is happiness though. I am so thankful that I had the ability to pack up and move to New York, with nothing or no one holding me back. I've always been one to take risks. I am told that my twenties is the time to explore new things, travel the world, find out who I am and what I want, and just enjoy life to the fullest. And, I am glad that's exactly how I'm spending these years. I will be able to come back and read this ten years from now and know that I was enjoying life the way it's meant to be enjoyed.

P.S. - Picked up these pretty flowers over the weekend and created vases out of wine bottles. They are now the centerpiece on the coffee table. Love the extra happiness they add my day!

<33

No comments:

Post a Comment