9.03.2011

LIFE LESSON












Happy Satruday! 

Enjoy some random inspiration from my August travels. Hope you're weekend is off to a good start. I bookmarked one of Free People's 'Saturday Do' posts awhile ago, and I have gone back several times since to read it. Of course I have been wanting to share it with you all, and now is the perfect time. It's just what I need to hear as my college graduation approaches so soon.

One of the life lessons that comes with age, is that life is not always the same – there are many phases, and change is a continual force that will take hold of your life as it progresses. Before the change comes, it’s typical to be in a state of limbo. You’re figuring out what to do next, and this can be unsettling for the psyche.

It’s the unknown of change that humans fear. Although I’ve experienced it too, this fear continues to puzzle me. Every time I’ve gone through a big change, I’ve found myself in a new chapter with new enchantments. An entirely different moment, no better or worse than what came before. You gain new perspectives, and learn things that you would never have gotten the chance to learn had you stayed put in life. So why are we scared of this?

I’ve come to the conclusion that it is entirely mental.

It’s time to adapt – to face our fears, and learn that change is normal and healthy. To become wise we must gather life experiences through the passage of many phases. So next time you find yourself in that state of limbo, and it’s scaring the crap out of you, don’t let your fears get out of line. Know that it means you have once again come to that point where you can grow from change, and look forward to the surprises that lay ahead – you never know what you’re about to learn.

<33

No comments:

Post a Comment