9.01.2010

perfect escape

Despite the business of the city, I find myself having a lot of quiet time in the apartment. Even though I looked forward to all the fun I would have here in Paris, I was even more excited for the time to myself away from everything in America. Paris came at the perfect time, and it is the perfect escape. I came here with the mindset of learning more about myself. France has been my dream, and expectations grew for my time abroad. While I am here in Paris, I plan on seeking out answers to my many questions about life and of course my future. Even though this is putting me back a semester of graduating next year, I am okay with that. I am not rushed to graduate, because well I have no idea what I wanna do after. One of the first days here, a new friend slightly discouraged me by saying that I cannot find myself in a city like this. I want to prove that person wrong. You never know when answers will come your way; they could come at the most random times and in the most bizarre places. I love these kind of nights when I put on some music and think about the things that matter most to me. Music always helps, especially when I think about the people I am missing. I'm so thankful that God has provided me with this amazing opportunity, even though I feared and doubted many times. He has given me a heart of determination to go after what I want, and it's only because of Him. I am ready to become who I am meant to be and do what I am meant to do.

Paris, je t'aime.


Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments, and to live each is to succeed.

2 comments:

  1. Love you Dad, Seek Him with all your heart He will guide and direct you and you never be disappointed and He will you immeasurable satisfaction that's only found in the person of Jesus Christ the source and fullness of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing an awesome job. So pround of you. Love reading your blogs. Keep up the good work. You will find your way. You have the right people on your side. Love Ya.

    ReplyDelete