11.25.2010

gobble, gobble.

I am sitting here, enjoying some of the amazing smells of.. THANKSGIVING and awaiting dinner tonight! I am on my second cup of pumpkin spice coffee for the day (courtesy of Dunkin' Donuts when I went back to the States). There is corn cooking in my toaster over, and I am praying that it turns out okay. Like every year, there are several dishes I make. Since tonight I am enjoying Thanksgiving with several friends at their apartment, I had to choose one. And it was.. corn casserole! The first time I had it was from my friend's grandmother.. SO delicious. However, with the limited supply of American products here in France, I could not find corn muffin mix. So, I had to settle on a different corn casserole recipe; anxiously waiting if it will turn out okay.

It is such a completely different not being home for Thanksgiving; this is the first year I have been away from my family for it. Thanks to Skype, I am able to enjoy seeing their faces! My brother and his new wife are enjoying a small Thanksgiving with my parents. This is MB's first real American Thanksgiving, and I am so sad to be missing it. I DEFINITELY did not enjoy seeing all of my dad's amazing cooking as he toured me through the kitchen, haha. He will just have to prepare me a mini Thanksgiving when I return in December! I also am going to miss watching football with my brothers, but thank goodness for live coverage online that I will be enjoying tonight. It just won't be the same without my family, but I am also excited to be celebrating here in Paris. There is no place I would rather be than Paris right now, since my time left here is so short.

Thanksgiving means more to me than most people. I try to think of all the things I am thankful for, and sometimes it's just too much to even list. Since this year is so different than any other year, I am especially thankful for certain things. Would I ever have thought that I would be in PARIS?! I still cannot believe it; it has been so much fun and such a blessing. I am thankful I was able to work hard and provide for myself to make my dream of going to Paris come true. However, I could not have done it without my Creator. He has provided for me constantly.

I am thankful for new friends and new memories I have made here. It's so sad to think that I have to leave all of this so soon. Still, it has been the time of my life. I am thankful for the many people who have encouraged me to chase my dreams.

May all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving; enjoy eating lots and watching the Patriots dominate! :)

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment