9.13.2010

lundi

What a beautiful lundi (monday) in Paris. The weather is getting a little cooler, which is nice. Since I have been here, I have not been able to determine the weather. One day it can be cold and rainy then the next sunny and hot. However, the cold weather means winter jackets. This will be horrible in the hot metro though.. ugh. It's ridiculous how hot it gets, oh and crowded!

I spent my morning venturing into several shopping areas with Lana and Marcy for a group project. We did some research for a presentation we have to give next week, which is mostly on haute couture in Paris. We went into Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and spotted so many other expensive stores. Not sure how people can seriously afford this kind of stuff; must be nice! Women filled Chanel looking for handbags, jewelry, etc. I blended in the best I could! We grabbed a sandwich and headed to our other classes, where we all three could have fallen asleep. Pretty sure my French quiz today did not go as well as I had planned. Oh well..

I mailed out some postcards and a form to register as a first time voter tonight at the post office! This guy was at school today to help us all register from abroad. It took way longer than he said, well, because school has windows and not macs! It's horrible. I ended up pulling out my laptop! Also, the post office was not an amazing experience. It took me forever to figure out what to do. They had these machines where you buy stamps; different from back home. I am learning something new every day.

God really blessed Marcy and I when we went into to check out this other grocery store near the apartment. It was like dollar store heaven for food! We got so much stuff, and we each spent like $16. Such a blessing, especially since I worry about money 24/7. We bought these crepes to make at home, and tonight we added some nutella and banana. So delicious! Although, they don't compare to the real ones.

I am sitting at McDonalds enjoying their free wifi and a cup of hot tea I brought from home. Wishing my dad was online so I could skype him!

No comments:

Post a Comment