6.17.2010

DVF: La Petite Valise

Diane von Furstenburg Resort 2011

I am in love with all of the pieces in this collection; I chose some of my favorites to highlight. I had the opportunity to have DVF as my keynote speaker at FashionU last fall in New York City. She's an incredible designer! DVF titled her Resort collection, "La Petite Valise" (the small suitcase). All of the pieces are easy to pack while traveling the world, which was her goal. Every resort collection holds this title. Her girls are "always ready to fly at any time." DVF used a 1983 photograph of herself as inspiration to influence her aesthetic. She uses her original wrap dress to create ultra-feminine rompers. Lightweight fabrics, graphic prints, and polka dots are seen. Love it all! It's so easy to mix and match these pieces. Get ready for poolside cocktails in DVF's Resort 2011 collection!












images via sassisam

No comments:

Post a Comment