10.07.2012

REFLECTING


Sunday night: I am sitting in my room with a cup of hot tea after just finding that for a second time my latest photos were lost because of a corrupted memory card. Pictures lost, again. However, this night has given me the perfect opportunity to write a post that I have been wanting to for awhile now. And, it's this post. Usually a 'reflecting' post happens at the end of a year when we are all welcoming a new one, but who says I have to follow the rules? 

It's been a little over six months since I made the move to New York City. Six whole months. I was given an opportunity to intern in the exact field I wanted to work, and my internship quickly turned into a full-time 'real adult' job. I've been wanting to be completely honest here on my blog, but sometimes I'm not. I guess it's because I worry. I worry mostly that you guys would think I'm complainer and stop even coming to my blog. But complaining is definitely not what I want to do. I've been taught to 'do everything without complaining.' I guess I just want you to get a little peek inside of my life lately and how I've been feeling. On that note, here's the truth: I'm tired, uninspired, and unmotivated. Oh man.. I said it. 

I've definitely been struggling. I get home from work after a ten hour work day (oh, and taking the subway an hour each way) and all I want to do is chill out. I want to escape the computer screen after looking at one all day emailing bloggers and managing social platforms for clients. Yeah, working in social media leaves me hardly any time for my own. Doesn't make sense, right? Because of all this, my blog here has not gotten where I want it to be. The days when I had time to update daily have quickly vanished. I sometimes even feel like I have nothing 'new' or 'interesting' to share with you. 

Despite everything I have mentioned so far, there is one thing I do understand. Life changes. There are cycles with everything in life, even something like this blog. I can honestly say that my interests have changed a lot over this year, and my blog has gone in many different directions at different times because of that. I share more about how I spend my time or just random inspiration rather than what I'm wearing each day. 'Fashion' has become a little less of an interest to me. And, I'm perfectly okay with that. I'm seeking to feel inspired again, while taking in all these new changes. 

So now I am going to hit the publish button and hope that this post was a good idea.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa! I started following your blog when you were a writer for South Moon Under. I always liked your site because were around the same age (I graduated college last May) and could really relate to you. This post might be the most relatable of all. I'm still unemployed and actually trying to find work in social media. Even though it seems that I have hours to spend in between job hunting to write up fun posts for my blog, I just can't get inspired. Perhaps I'm in the middle of a new change with my blog, too and just needed to hear something like this. Thank you for writing this post. It's definitely going to give me something to think about and I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets a little unmotivated from time to time! Good luck with your job and all the new changes you'll encounter!

    xo,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete