10.11.2011

PUMPKIN OATMEAL COOKIES








 

One of the many reasons I love the fall season is that pumpkin suddenly appears everywhere, especially in food! I spent my day off yesterday baking some pumpkin goodness. My favorite cookies are definitely oatmeal, but I tried a recipe that added some pumpkin to them. However, I do wish that I added some chocolate chips as well. Definitely try that! I don't usually post any recipes on my blog, but who says I can't? So, here you go!

Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/3 cups old fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter – softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a bowl.
Cream butter, honey and sugars until light and fluffy. 
Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla – mix well. 
Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined. 
Chill dough for 30 minutes or overnight.
Use a small cookie scoop to place rounded balls of dough on a cookie sheet. 
Bake 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are light golden brown. 

ENJOY! 

<33

No comments:

Post a Comment